Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aha! moment


Interconnectedness. My sketchbooks have been overtaken by this idea.

...and smartplates.

...and linoleum blocks.

...pray that the printmaking department will let me use presses even though I'm not a student.

...it is safe to say I am making more art now than I ever have. And I'm also working 40 hour weeks, still in the middle of the biggest moving and cleaning process I've yet had to endeavor, and I have limited access to art supplies. The challenge is fantastic. I think I am more inspired when I am presented with limitations and obstacles than I am when I feel I have unlimited access and resources. I like it when it isn't easy. It makes me remember how much I love this. And how much I need this.

1 comment:

  1. Wooden spoons. When lacking printing press, I always turn to wooden spoons.

    ReplyDelete