Tuesday, May 31, 2011

RadioActiveStormCamping

'Tis biking season! We did a 90-mile two-day trip to Sonyea State Forest south of Rochester. The ride there was sunny and lovely enough to burn us to a crisp and the weather held out long enough for us to enjoy some Georgia Moon Corn Whiskey in the great outdoors (I cannot explain why this makes such a great bike-trip/camping ritual!). Then came a lightning storm like I have never seen before and we ended up nearly trapped in the campsite. The river we easily forged the day before to get to the campsite had become a raging rapid. Alex somehow managed to carry two bikes, all of our camping gear and my entire body across the river without us dying. 5'3" and small is not optimum river forging stature. Noted.

These photos were from the tent the morning after the epic storm. I thought they were weird-I liked them.

Now I'm off to read the Futurist's Manifesto for my Art History class. Life is good. Being open and receptive. Understanding Kripalu Yoga more and more each day. And enjoying the warmth and sun that is now enveloping central New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment