Sunday, August 14, 2011

post bike trip recap

Oh goodness, what an adventure...for many reasons. 310 miles, no bears, lots of toads and frogs, a million loons and four crazy people. Some of the prettiest lakes and campsites...legs of steel...and some very unattractive tan lines. This was a great trip. So glad we did it. Thanks, Alex for planning it so well and for helping make it possible for me to come along. Mmmmm, Adirondacks.

A somewhat botched attempt to video record a descent below.

Today, I had a nice conversation with my grandma and grandpa on the phone. My grandmother basically told me, "don't forget you can draw too" when I was telling her about the Ballet. Touche, grandma. Spending a week on the road, without cell phones, computers, city noise, cars, technology, news, etc. was sort of devastatingly cleansing. To be back and facing the return to all that is arduous and only "for money" is a little maddening. There are other ways. I don't know what they are yet, but I know they exist.

I'm hunting for a violin. Looking for a nice used one. Wanting to spend time with music. But what time?

I feel small and surrounded by noise. I think when the trip ended, I was just beginning to hear myself...and other things...again. And now I'm on the edge of losing that clarity. Stress is such a monster. I got an interesting voicemail while my phone was off for a week. I don't think it will lead to anything. But I am taking it as a sign. It was so incredibly random...that it must mean something. I just biked 310 miles, and I am more rested, relaxed and happy than I have been for months. Hmmm, the winds are blowing something in and it's coming from a long way back...

and I'm reading the Hobbit.






No comments:

Post a Comment