Saturday, December 17, 2011

Painting progress...

Well, it isn't finished yet. Tomorrow though, it will be. I woke up the other morning with this in my head (and for me it is forever linked with Kill Bill). My god, I love Nancy Sinatra. And well-made movies...or well-made anything.

I guess I miss painting. Perhaps it is time to drop one of my jobs and return to long hours of chasing some artistic vision with these smelly tools and seductively textured materials...there will always be something so correct about this medium for me. Toxic and finicky as it may be. But so full of incredible chemistry, intelligence, intuition, patience and urgency...I could go on and on. A year and a half of painting "silence" goes by and with this I feel like I'm speaking a language again, that I haven't had the opportunity to speak in that long. And something is coming through correctly. This is not an example of my current preference for "concept" perhaps. Though I find it very enjoyable. It is straightforward. Perhaps the last year and a half have been about the mind. And now, more mind can be applied to this practice. It's just easy. Like a native tongue is. Maybe it is my native language. And it isn't about how it looks. It's about how it feels. It feels like a language I should use more often. I think there are new things I would like to say this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment